TradeGecko -Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions Are Legally Binding
TradeGecko Pte Ltd (UEN
) is the owner and operator of the TradeGecko service (“the Service”). Your use of the Service is expressly
conditioned on your acceptance of these TradeGecko Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”). By using the Service, you signify that
you unconditionally agree and accept to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions. No other terms or conditions of any sort in any document, writing
or other communication whatsoever made by you to TradeGecko or its employees, representatives or agents in relation to the Service shall be applicable to
or binding on TradeGecko.
Changes To This Agreement Or The Services.
TradeGecko reserves the right to alter these Terms and Conditions at any time. Such changes will be effective and legally binding on you when posted on our
website for the Service or when we usereasonable efforts to notify you by other means. Please review these Terms and Conditions periodically for changes.
Your continued use of this Service after amended Terms and Conditions is posted on this website or is otherwise brought to your attention signify that you
agree and accept to be legally bound by the changes.
Grants of Licenses to Use
TradeGecko hereby grants to you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable right to use the Service provided that you agree to the following:
TradeGecko may, at its sole and absolute discretion, without prior notice to you and without liability, reject, prevent, discontinue or suspend your
account(s) and/or your use of the Service if, at its sole discretion, TradeGecko is of the opinion that your use does not meet TradeGecko's specifications
or guidelines, or which TradeGecko may consider to be inappropriate, illegal or harmful to its interests. If TradeGecko exercises its absolute discretion
under this paragraph 3.1(a), it shall have no liability to refund any portion of your pre-paid subscriptions, if applicable. Without limiting or waiving
any right against you that TradeGecko may have under the law or these Terms and Conditions in relation to any inappropriate, illegal or harmful use,
TradeGecko reserves the right to deduct any costs, damages or expenses that it may have incurred in relation to such inappropriate, illegal or harmful use
from your unused pre-paid subscriptions, if any, or to claim the same from you by any other means.
You agree to comply with any policies or guidelines that TradeGecko may introduce or amend from time to time. TradeGecko’s policies or guidelines may
relate to technical specifications, privacy, acceptable content, and any other matter, as the same may be amended by TradeGecko, at its absolute
discretion, from time to time.
You agree that you will not provide access to or furnish any part of the Service to any third party; modify, disrupt or interfere with the Service,
supporting servers, or networks either manually or through the use of scripts, viruses, or worms; reproduce, duplicate, copy, deconstruct, sell, trade or
resell the Service; or excessively overload the systems that TradeGecko uses to provide the Service.
TradeGecko may, at its sole and absolute discretion and without prior notice to you, amend, suspend, vary or withdraw the Service, these Terms and
Conditions and/or its website at any time and from time to time.
You shall be solely responsible for your use of the Service and shall indemnify TradeGecko for, and hold TradeGecko harmless from, all loss, costs, and
damages incurred by TradeGecko in connection with any claims by third parties against TradeGecko in relation to your use of the Service and in connection
with your breach of these Terms and Conditions or any policies or guidelines that TradeGecko may introduce from time to time.
You hereby represent, warrant and covenant to TradeGecko that at all times, (a) you have all rights, consents, licences and permits that may be
necessary or desirable for you to have in order to use the materials, graphics, logos, videos, data or information you input into the Service (where
applicable) (“Your Content”) in the manner and the purpose for which you use Your Content; (b) all of Your Content comply with all
applicable laws and regulations and do not violate the rights (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights) of any third party.
You represent and warrant to TradeGecko that you have the full corporate rights, power and authority to agree to these Terms and Conditions and perform
the obligations agreed by you, and that doing so does not and will not violate any agreement or obligation to which you are bound, or any applicable law,
rule or regulation.
You hereby agree that TradeGecko may, but is not obliged to, use your name and refer to you as a user of the Service in any publicity, press release,
advertising or marketing material, throughout the world and using any form of media. If you wish to use or display TradeGecko's trademarks or mention
TradeGecko in any publication, website, press release or in any other manner, you must obtain the prior written consent of TradeGecko.
You agree that you are solely responsible to obtain or provide any hardware or software that you may need to gain access to and use the Service, and
for any damage or loss that you suffer as a result of the operation of such hardware or software, including incompatibility with any platforms used by
TradeGecko in providing the Service.
You agree that TradeGecko is the sole owner of and has the right to use any feedback you provide on the Service in any way whatsoever including to
improve existing or create new products and services.
TradeGecko reserves all rights in the Service not granted to you expressly in these Terms and Conditions.
You hereby agree to grant TradeGecko a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to publish, alter, adapt, compile, host and use (a) Your Content
(including, without limitation, to reproduce in a material form, publish, perform, communicate to the public, and to make an adaptation of Your Content)
for the purpose of providing you with the Service, and, (b) if TradeGecko provides any community forum for users of the Service to exchange user tips and
publish their comments and opinions, any comments, opinions and other material you upload or publish on such a forum.
- By creating an account and subscribing for the Service or renewing your subscription for the Service, you indicate you agree to the charges imposed by
TradeGecko for the particular services or products you have requested. You agree to comply with any payment terms that TradeGecko may impose from time to
time. You may be required to pay TradeGecko in advance and/or an annual, half yearly, quarterly or monthly basis to use the Service. Your subscription may
be renewed automatically on or close to its expiry at the subscription rates applicable at the time of renewal. However, even if a facility to renew your
subscription automatically exists, it is solely your responsibility, and not that of TradeGecko, to ensure that your subscription is renewed prior to its
expiry, failing which your ability to use the Service shall expire automatically. TradeGecko may not give you prior notice of an automatic renewal. If
TradeGecko is unable to effect this automatic renewal for any reason whatsoever, your subscription will expire automatically. For subscribers choosing to
pay by credit card, subscription fees for renewal may be charged to the credit card on record unless TradeGecko is notified of a change or cancellation in
writing using the tools or means made available by TradeGecko.
- All sums payable by you to TradeGecko may be quoted exclusive of any goods and services tax, or any other taxes that may be levied on the subscription
or charges levied by TradeGecko. As such, you agree that TradeGecko may charge you and/or the credit card on record for any taxes or charges that
TradeGecko is required by any applicable law or regulation to levy on the subscription or charges.
Term and Termination.
- TradeGecko shall have the right to terminate its relationship with you, without prior notice, if you breach or fail to comply with any provision of these Terms and Conditions. This Agreement and your ability to use the Service shall also automatically terminate upon the expiry of your subscription.
- After termination, TradeGecko may, at its sole discretion, maintain any data you have uploaded into its systems. However, you agree that other than any obligations expressly stated in these terms and Conditions, TradeGecko has no responsibility to you to maintain your user account or any of your data after termination and you shall hold TradeGecko harmless and free from any fees, damages, or claims you may suffer in relation to the same or any claims or actions you may have or face in relation to the same.
- If termination is due to your failure to renew your subscription on a timely basis, you may reactive your account and access your data if renewal under such circumstances are enabled by TradeGecko. To do so you may have to pay any subscription fees or charges that may be imposed by TradeGecko, including reactivation fees (if any), within any period that may be stated by TradeGecko, failing which TradeGecko may permanently remove and delete your user account(s) and any data you have uploaded into its systems.
You or your customers, partners or associates, whichever may be applicable, are the owner of any data you upload into the Service (“
You hereby agree that TradeGecko is the owner of all data other than Your Data, including any system generated data generated
by the Service or any data compiled from data inputed into the Service by all users of the Service on an aggregate basis (“
TradeGecko may use all of TradeGecko’s Data in any way it chooses including to improve or adapt its services, or to
create or design new products and services.
- You acknowledge and agree that the nature of the Internet is international and that TradeGecko has your express consent to store and provide access to your personal or confidential information, and that of your users(s) and customers, in and from Singapore, and to transmit and deliver such information via the Internet which may involve its transmission across multiple jurisdictions.
Your account(s) and Password(s)
- The responsibility to keep secure and confidential any password(s) and user ID(s) TradeGecko may issue to you to access the Service, rests solely with you and the employees, representatives and agents of yours that are entrusted with the same. If you become aware of any unauthorized access to your
account(s), or any misuse of your password(s) and user ID(s) you must activate the process put in place to disable your account(s) and/or re-issue new password(s) or user ID(s) as soon as possible.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for the actions and omissions of the person(s) you nominate as user(s) or administrator(s) of your account(s) for the Service. You also agree that TradeGecko may accept instructions and requests from and communicate with such person(s) until and unless TradeGecko
receives notification that such person(s) are no longer your user(s) or administrator(s), and such instructions, requests and communications are valid and legally binding on you. In addition, you are responsible for any and all use of your account(s) by any persons who are in possession of your user ID(s) or password(s).
Your indemnity in Favour Of TradeGecko
If TradeGecko and/or any of their affiliates (collectively the "Indemnified Parties") take any action to enforce any of the Terms and Conditions, you agree
to indemnify and hold harmless the Indemnified, their affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any and
all claims, losses, costs, expenses, causes of action or demands, including reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of and relating to your use
of the Service, and any and all breaches by you of these Terms and Conditions.
Service Level Agreement
The Service Level Agreement attached to these Terms and Conditions is incorporated into and form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- UNLESS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, TRADEGECKO MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND REGARDING ITS WEBSITE, THE SERVICE, THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON THIS WEBSITE AND/OR ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE, ALL OF WHICH ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS WHERE IS" BASIS. TRADEGECKO DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENCY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OF THE CONTENT OR DATA FOUND ON THE SERVICE, OR THIS WEBSITE. TRADEGECKO EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN RELATION TO THE SERVICE, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AS TO MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A GENERAL OR PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, AND THOSE ARISING BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE IN LAW OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE LAWS OF THE REPUBLIC OF SINGAPORE.
- TRADEGECKO DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE, THIS WEBSITE, ITS SERVERS OR ANY E-MAIL SENT FROM TRADEGECKO IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL
- FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, TRADEGECKO DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THE SERVICE.
- TRADEGECKO TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SECURITY, CONFIDENTIALITY OR PRIVACY OF THE COMMUNICATIONS AND/OR DATA TRANSMITTED OVER THE INTERNET AND DOES NOT WARRANT (AND EXPRESSLY EXCLUDES ANY AND ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES) THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE WITHOUT FAILURE, DELAY, INTERRUPTION, ERROR OR
LOSS OF CONTENT, DATA OR INFORMATION. IN ADDITION, TRADEGECKO SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY COMPATIBILITY ISSUES PERTAINING TO CUSTOMERS’ COMPUTERS, APPLICATIONS OR OTHER SOFTWARE ON ANY COMPUTERS USING THE SERVICE.
Limitation of Liability
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN NO EVENT SHALL TRADEGECKO BE LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, CLAIM, DAMAGE, OR ANY SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE),
EQUITY, STRICT LIABILITY, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE, WHICH ARISES OUT OF OR IS IN ANY WAY CONN CONTENT FOUND HEREIN, (II) ANY FAILURE OR DELAY (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY COMPONENT OF THE SERVICE OR THIS SITE), OR (III) THE PERFORMANCE OR NON PERFORMANCE BY TRADEGECKO EVEN IF THE TRADEGECKO HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES TO SUCH PARTIES OR ANY OTHER PARTY.
- If, notwithstanding the foregoing, TradeGecko should be found liable for any loss or damage which arises out of or is in any way connected with any of the above described functions or uses of this site, the Service or its content, to the full extent permitted by law the combined aggregate liability of TradeGecko shall in no event exceed the value of the monthly subscription for the Service paid by you or S$1000.00, whichever is lower. Further, TradeGecko's liability to you in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, under statute or otherwise will be reduced to the extent, if any, to which you contributed to the loss or damage.
TradeGecko has no responsibility for and is released from all contractual obligations and liability (e.g. for damages) if its performance of these Terms
and Conditions is affected by an event of force majeure. For the purpose of this clause, the term “force majeure” means and includes any event which was
not under the control of TradeGecko, or was not reasonably foreseeable, including, but not limited to any natural disaster such as thunderstorm, flood or
storm, fire, national emergency, strike or equivalent labour action, or the unavailability of the Internet for reasons beyond the control of TradeGecko.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of Singapore. The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the
International Sale of Goods is hereby expressly excluded. The parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Singapore. You may not assign your rights hereunder to any third party without the prior written consent of TradeGecko. No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and TradeGecko. A person who is not a party to this Agreement shall have no rights under theContracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap. 53B) of Singapore to enforce any term of this Agreement. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found invalid or unenforceable by any Singapore court, the remaining provisions will remain valid and enforceable, and the unenforceable provisions will be deemed modified to the extent necessary to make them enforceable. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire understanding and agreement between TradeGecko and you and supercedes any and all prior understandings and/or agreements between the parties in relation to the Service. No purported waiver by
TradeGecko of any of its rights hereunder or under any applicable law or regulation shall be valid unless made in writing by an authorised representative of TradeGecko. No change, amendment or modification of any provision of these Terms and Conditions will be valid unless set forth in writing and mutually agreed to by the parties.
TradeGecko – Service Level Agreement
to provide the Service, including the failure of managed switches, routers, and cabling but excluding Maintenance and Exclusions.
Monthly Uptime Guarantee
TradeGecko guarantees that its Service will be available 99.5% of the time in a calendar month (“Monthly Uptime Guarantee”), excluding
Maintenance and Exclusions (both terms of which are defined below). You are eligible to claim service credit(s) for Service Downtime if TradeGecko fails to
meet the Monthly Uptime Guarantee, provided the total Service Downtime of 0.5% in a calendar month is verified by TradeGecko.
- “Service Downtime” is defined as an inability to access the Service caused by failure of network equipment managed, owned, leased or used by TradeGecko
Irrecoverable Data Guarantee
If you attempt to access any of your data but the data is irrecoverable, you must report the same to TradeGecko as soon as possible. TradeGecko will
investigate the cause of the same and will require your assistance during such investigation. If the result of TradeGecko’ investigation indicates that the
cause of such irrecoverable data is due to the fault of TradeGecko, then TradeGecko will grant a service credit to you up to a maximum of the fee charged
to you for the calendar month during which the irrecoverable data event took place.
The service credits are your sole and exclusive remedy for any non–compliance of this Service Level Agreement by TradeGecko.
If you wish to claim service credits, you must follow the procedures set out by TradeGecko for you to do so.
You acknowledge and agree that you are
allowed to apply service credits in the following circumstances:
You may claim the following service credit(s) which you can use to set off the fees or charges payable by you from a subsequent invoice due to
TradeGecko for the Service:
Monthly Uptime Percentage (x)
99% ≤ x <99.5%
Please note that the service credits above are discounts calculated based on the fees for the Service that you paid for the calendar month during which the
Monthly Uptime Guarantee was not met by TradeGecko, exclusive of any value added, consumption or other taxes that you may have paid for that calendar
For example, if you paid $110 for the Service during a month where the Monthly Uptime was 98%, and $10 of that amount was value added or goods and services
tax, your service credit would be calculated as follows:
- towards reduction of any value added, goods and services or other taxes payable by you;
- towards accounts that are past-due;
for accounts that are terminated, expire or are cancelled before the conditions for payment of the service credits are met. Upon cancellation or termination of your account, any outstanding or previously accrued service credits will be forfeited. Service credits will be applied against purchases or renewals for which payment is due after the date the credit is applied. Service credits may not be applied against past due balances.
“Maintenance” means and includes:
- any scheduled maintenance of the cloud data centers used by TradeGecko to provide the Service of which you are notified at least  days in advance. For the purpose of notifying you, TradeGecko will use the contact email on record. Please ensure that this email is up to date and accessed frequently; and
- any maintenance of the data centres used by TradeGecko: (a) is necessary to avoid an immediate threat to the data center or the Service and (b) of which Customer is notified.
- Customer shall not be entitled to any service credits if Service Downtime is due to the following (“Exclusions”):
the actions or omissions of yourself or your employees, agents, representatives or contractors using the password(s) and user ID(s) issued by TradeGecko to you to access the Service;
the result of Maintenance;
- a Denial of Service attack, hacker activity, or other malicious event or code targeted against TradeGecko or an TradeGecko customer;
- failure of any hardware, software, network or Internet infrastructure not owned or managed by TradeGecko or its sub-contractors;
- factors outside TradeGecko’ reasonable control;
The Monthly Uptime Guarantee does not include time required to perform data restores and backups if applicable.